Whenever I was finished making an item and I wanted to take pictures of it, my desk usually looked like this. I had no room to put the item down and it really would not make a nice picture in all that clutter. So I had to clear my desk off every time I wanted to photograph my projects. So I thought that I would make a box that I could put the items in to photograph them.
I started off with two pieces of foamcore and a plastic corrugated sheet that came under a birthday cake.
I glued the two pieces of foamcore together using my lego angles to hold the pieces at a 90 degree angle.
I knew that the white surface would reflect the flash of the camera so I decided to wallpaper the walls. I printed some wall paper that I liked off the Internet and when I glued it on, it was terrible. Bubbles everywhere and when I tried to smooth them out the paper ripped as it was just too thin. So I had to rip it off and it did leave some gouges in the walls.
I also heard that if you only wallpapered one side of foamcore it would warp so I also wallpapered the outside wall.
At this point, I looked at the box and realized that I now had a neutral room that I could use for scenes as well as for photographing my projects. And if I am going to use it in scenes, I do not want a lot of white edges showing. So I searched in my stash of stuff and managed to find some trim that was left over from my dollhouse and I used that to finish off the room.